Sunday, January 29, 2012

"How Come Infertile People Can't Sleep In?"

Yesterday as we awoke very early to book it on over to the RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist or Fertility Doctor) in the wind and snow, my Husband says to me "how come infertile people can't sleep in on the weekends?" I said "Good question, honey!" then I friggin' slipped coming out of the parking garage and nearly broke my damn neck. I wonder if I could've gotten an upgrade to a free IVF cycle for my trouble...

These are the moments in our journey that make me smirk about my friends who bitch on facebook that their kids get them up so early- "doesn't baby know it's SATURDAY!???" My mental reply to that is "No, it's a fucking baby (or kid)! They don't know shit other than they are DONE sleeping". Then I usually block their status updates until my annoyance fades and I realize I'm becoming a bitch and need to stop. Then I unblock them until I get annoyed again. Vicious cycle.

Even though I don't have children I too have to get my ass out of bed at 6:30 am on Saturday and Sunday mornings to look presentable so I can  pay $840.00 to have my vagina poked and prodded at in hopes that later I'll be able to be like ALL of my friends and complain that my kid woke me up at 6am to play. Only difference is I don't complain about it on facebook, I'm apparently an attention whore that needs a whole blog dedicated to her whining!

No comments:

Post a Comment