Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Feather Wreaths

I love crafting but never have the time or make the time. It's a wonderful stress reliever and helps me clear my head and get to my happy place.

Last winter I really wanted a feather wreath but gagged at the thought of spending $50 for one from Pottery Barn. So I went to Hobby Lobby and the Dollar Tree and bought some crap to make a winter feather wreath. I didn't really have a clue of what I was doing but gave it the ole Girl Scout try. Plus, you can never go wrong with a hot glue gun.

It took me like 10 minutes and I was very proud of my feather wreath. I hung it in my dining room for all my friends to see and posted pics on facebook. They all made fun of me! Oh well.

My sister thought it was ridiculous and stupid but she's a hater and a quitter of Girl Scouts (in the 4th grade).

My Mom thought it was awesome but she likes all my crafts no matter how much I think they suck.

So without further adieu...



So that's the story of my feather wreath. I plan to make more for other holidays but haven't gotten around to it yet. 

In other random musings things on the menu for us for the next week are:
  • Chicken Enchiladas
  • Corned Beef & Cabbage with potatoes and carrots
  • Salmon Filets with Saffron Rice.
  • Turkey Sloppy Joes
  • Turkey Meatballs & Spagehtti
  • Vegetable Lasgne & Garlic Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment