Sunday, October 28, 2012

IVF Care Package!

My Cousin sent me an IVF care package all the way from Dallas! I was so touched by her card and thoughtfulness that I cried while trying to read it out loud to my H. I ended up tossing the card his way saying "just read it". She had done some research online and taken note of what other ladies had said helped them have a successful and calming IVF experience.

In this big ass care package was:
  • 2 boxes of chocolates and chocolate truffles
  • 4 comedy DVDs for my days of bedrest(My Cousin Vinny, Caddyshack, National Lampoon Vacation, Forgetting Sarah Marshall)
  • 3 tins of really awesome smelling body butters
  • 2 pairs of soft, comfy socks
  • Heating Pad
  • Some digestive aids for the retrieval/transfer medications that can "bind you up"
  • Sleep mask
  • Clay face masks
  • and best of all a Boxing Mitt so I can punch that instead of my husband (lol)
While I have been very selective in who I've shared with that we are actually going through IVF, I'm so glad that I have been keeping our immediate family and close friends in the loop about our infertility journey. We have a small army of people praying for us and sending us good vibes and positivity from all across the country and that has made all the difference in the world to me. I'm feeling very grateful and thankful for what I do have in life and shifting the focus away from what I don't yet have.

Oh, and I've already cracked into those chocolates. Please don't tell my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment