Saturday, August 25, 2012

Shots. Shots. Shots. Shots-shots-shots. Everybodyyy!



This morning I gave myself  my first Lovenox shot in the gut. I got up at 7am (on a Saturday morning) and went to the kitchen where I had left my shots. Ripped open the package and got down to biz-nass. I'm a big kid now! I had places to go and had to get my morning going.

I was picking up my lil sister to take her down to the Farmers Market so I could help her buy enough Roma tomatoes to feed all of Italy and the Jersey Shore House. She's going to can them. Have fun with all that sista-sis!!

The Farmers Market,- where walking around with a baguette and colorful floral bouquet is a status symbol. Like we are all walking around on the set of a Jennifer Aniston romantic comedy. We didn't get those things but I did see a couple of crunchy granola chicks with uni brows and hairier legs than my husband. Why do they insist on looking like a dude in a sundress. So gross! But it takes all kinds to make the world go round...

An interesting tid bit about the Lovenox, if I didn't have insurance, the meds would've cost $3,066. Um- what? 'scuse me!! I'm on the generic, my co-pay was $10 and with my employee discount at the pharmacy, the total came to $8. Thank you, Jesus. I'm so grateful to have a good job with great insurance. Sure they might not cover anything more than 50% of fertility meds and nothing for IVF, but that's more than a lot of folks get. So I'm just happy to have help from my insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment