Sunday, August 26, 2012

Stab on Sister!

So this morning was day 4 of Lovenox shots and day 3 of administering them myself- eek. Never thought I'd have to balls to stab myself every morning @ 7am. The injection site burns for about an hour afterwards, I don't know if that's because it's generic and the formula is a little bit different than the brand name. Nothing ya can't get over.

Yesterday morning when I got up to use the bathroom and take my shot, I heard the LMFAO song, "Shots" again, except my H was playing it on his phone so I could hear it through the bathroom door. It was a pretty funny moment.

I need to call the Hematologists office because I have some questions about the course of treatment, like what day do I have to go for the timed blood draw. A lot of information was thrown at me on Friday and now that I've had time for stuff to sink in, I've got questions.

I will also be calling the RE's office to let them know how the Hematology appointment went. I'm going to tell the nurse that I'm confused about what I should do. I know she can't make the decision for me, but I'm hoping she might have some words of encouragement. Apparently I'm being the need patient, lol.

If I follow the "natural cycle on Lovenox" plan that the Hematologist has just suggested I'll be waiting a full month longer than we had planned to start IVF. We had a plan in place and now with the new information, aren't sure what the hell to do. I've already been waiting 4 years (in October) part of me says "that's long enough". The other part says "What's one more month, if this Lovenox actually works"...

"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.”- Woody Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment